Susanne von Türk focuses on cross-border and domestic corporate and commercial transactions, including joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions, corporate restructurings, and distribution and supply transactions. Her corporate clients come from a wide range of industries, such as manufacturing, engineering, machinery, medical devices, plastics, media, and software.
Ms. von Türk advises companies, including start-ups, on the establishment and operation of their U.S. affiliates. She also serves as U.S. outside general counsel for companies from German-speaking countries. In this context, Ms. von Türk represents clients in employment law matters, including executive contract disputes, discrimination, and trade secret claims. Her practice also includes assisting corporate clients in conducting internal investigations and in establishing policies essential to litigation avoidance. In addition, Ms. von Türk’s experience has represented clients in U.S. litigation in matters as diverse as product liability, commercial contract disputes, and estate law.
Ms. von Türk serves as counsel to not-for-profit organizations in connection with governance issues and applications for tax-exempt status. She represents family offices and individuals with regard to international trust and estate matters.
SELECTED TRANSACTIONS AND OUTSIDE GENERAL COUNSEL EXPERIENCE, INCLUDING rEPRESENTATION OF:
- German plastics manufacturer in its acquisitions of several U.S. companies
- Leading printing press manufacturers in the sale and retrofitting of printing press systems
- Provider of software applications and Web-based platforms in its sale to NASDAQ-listed corporation
- German media group in connection with the establishment and sale of an art merchandising joint venture in the U.S.
- Leading manufacturer of packaging and sortation systems in connection with the negotiation of supply, distribution, servicing, and technical assistance agreements
- German television and radio broadcaster in its acquisition of a studio in New York
- Major Texas energy group in the acquisition of rotor shafts from European manufacturers
- German food manufacturer in a U.S. distribution joint venture
- German logistics company in its acquisition of a U.S. logistics business
- French transport infrastructure corporation in its acquisition of a software and train-control systems manufacturer
- Privately-held U.S. company in the sale of its carbon and graphite business to a leading chemical manufacturer in Hoechst, Germany
- Privately-held U.S. company in a petroleum joint venture with a large German industrial conglomerate
- U.S. provider of scaffolding services in its sale of a subsidiary to a leading technology group in Düsseldorf, Germany
- Leading nonfiction media company in a joint venture for digital programming services in Germany
- German, Swiss, and Austrian banks in secured real estate financings and loan transactions
- German family office in major estate litigation